496 Gladstone Avenue, Toronto, ON
Senior Public Consultation Coordinator
The City of Toronto is inviting residents of the Dufferin Grove community to learn more about and provide feedback on proposed modifications to the Bartlett-Havelock-Gladstone Cycling Connections project along Gladstone Avenue and Havelock Street from Bloor Street West to College Street, as well as on segments of Lindsey Avenue and Sylvan Avenue.
Following the installation of Phase 1, the City heard feedback from local residents about the Bartlett-Havelock-Gladstone Cycling Connections project, its associated impact, and the need for additional, in-person opportunities to provide input to City staff.
The proposed modifications to the existing installation include: adding on-street permit parking spaces, replacing temporary signs with permanent signs, planting new trees, and implementing improvements on Havelock Street as part of the 2025 road resurfacing program.
Phase 1 of this project, between Davenport Road and College Street, was approved by City Council in April 2022. The project goals are to address safety issues, make it easier for people to bike, and minimize impacts to on-street parking. The City conducted stakeholder and public engagement activities from fall 2021 to winter 2022, including a virtual public meeting held on February 10, 2022 in accordance with public health regulations at the time. Phase 1 was installed starting in July 2022. The City continues to monitor and review feedback.
Phase 2 consultation on Gladstone Avenue south of College Street is planned for spring 2023.
This event will:
- Provide an overview the project background, as well as the community feedback received.
- Provide responses to community feedback received during the 2022 consultation process and since installation.
- Present observations, data and feedback collected that has helped to inform the proposed modifications to the installation.
- Provide attendees with an opportunity to speak with City staff, ask questions and provide additional feedback.
- Reinstate approximately three (3) on-street parking spaces on Gladstone Avenue north of College Street that were made into a “No Standing” zone.
- Add approximately six (6) new parking spaces on the north side of Sylvan Avenue next to Dufferin Grove Park between Dufferin Street and Gladstone Avenue.
Local greening opportunities:
- Plant two new trees on Gladstone Avenue near Lindsey Avenue (one on each side of Lindsey Avenue).
- Continue to support local volunteers to water, to maintain planters, and to replant if needed. Interested community members are invited to join the existing volunteers.
Planning for a resurfacing of Havelock Street:
- Include improvements on Havelock Street as part of the 2025 road resurfacing program, including: o Installing new asphalt for all road users;
- Adding and/or improving pedestrian crossings;
- Adding accessibility features at intersections; and
- Replacing above-ground, plastic planters with in-ground planting beds.
- Replace temporary traffic diversions signs with permanent signs
- No changes are being proposed for the traffic diversions, including the cycling-only block on Havelock Street between Dewson Street and Sylvan Avenue and the diagonal diverter at the intersection of Lindsey Avenue and Gladstone Avenue.
Learn more: toronto.ca/BartlettHavelockGladstone